Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Year in Motherhood

It's that time of the year again where I get a little teary-eyed - we celebrate Mother's Day today, and we have Maya's birthday coming up in a few weeks - thus celebrating my birth as a mother. Becoming a mother has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know all mothers might say that, but it definitely rings true for me. Motherhood has been such a joy and a challenge in every imaginable way. Five years ago, on the brink of becoming a mother myself, I had no idea what it would be like for me. It has been chaotic. It has turned my life upside down in the best way possible - with an emphasis on what's really important: my girls. 

This year was quite transformative for me as I became a mother for the second time. Another child, another beautiful girl - a dream come true. A sister for Maya. God blessed us greatly with the responsibility of raising another little woman for this world. 

As always, I learned a lot in motherhood this past year. I have been off of work for a whole year now, taking care of my girls. This has given me the opportunity to really enjoy my time with them, day-to-day. I learned to soften up a bit more in regards to discipline and instead come from a place of gentle love, rather than rigid sternness. With my hospital stays during my pregnancy, I had to let go of Maya a bit, and she had to let go of me. I allowed myself to rely more on husband-ji and my mother-in-law, during a time when Maya only answered to me. And more recently, I learned how to balance two. This was a terrifying prospect for me. But the kids are the easy part, especially when I've decided that I'm not going to do any unnecessary household work!

Here's celebrating another year in motherhood....

Maya's 4th Birthday

Swimming: an activity that we can only do!

First Day of Junior Kindergarten

Because when your kid asks you to dress up as a "mummy bunny" you do it!

A mother, twice over...

Desi glam

A second chance

First school drop-off, 10 days after baby #2

Afternoon cuddles

Bath time 

First Maya-mummy solo date since baby #2's arrival

Love you, little one...

Us three girls

"Children are the anchors of a mother's life..." - Sophocles
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Respectful comments only, please! (That means you, anonymous.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Madh Mama. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig